The Elimination Train is a three month programme designed specifically for people with autoimmune conditions. The programme focuses on teaching you the tools you need to manage your condition in three months and giving you the ability to take back control of your life.
Using a food based plan The Elimination train also includes mindful practices, exercises and information that will help you understand, control and manage your condition in just three months. Using a strict elimination routine we basically press the reset button on your immune system and take you back to zero so that you can figure out what is causing your body to react.
Although genetic predisposition accounts for approximately one-third of your risk of developing an autoimmune disease, the other two-thirds comes from your environment, your diet, and your lifestyle. In fact, experts have proved, and are continuing to do so, that certain dietary factors are key contributors to autoimmune disease.
Autoimmune diseases are directly linked food we eat and the life we live, which means we can manage and reverse autoimmune disease simply by changing how you eat and making more informed choices about sleep, activity, and stress.
The root cause of all autoimmune diseases is the same: our immune system – which is supposed to protect us from invading microorganisms – turns against us and attacks our proteins, cells, and tissues instead. Depending on what is attacked determines the autoimmune disease.
If you suffer from Hashimoto’s then it’s the thyroid gland. With Rheumatoid Arthritis, the tissues of your joints are attacked. If you have psoriasis, proteins within the layers of cells that make up your skin are attacked.
Food can be viewed as having two kinds of constituents within it: those that promote health and those that undermine health. Some food has loads of beneficial constituents and very few or no constituents that undermine health, for example:
- organ meats
- most vegetables
Then there is the food that has an obvious lack of health-promoting constituents and are packed with problematic compounds:
- gluten-containing grains
- most soy products
That being said there are many types of food that fall into the an ambiguous grey area in between these two extremes:
- tomatoes, which contain some fantastic nutrients, but also contain several compounds that are so effective at stimulating the immune system (in fact scientists are researching tomatoes for use in vaccines as adjuvants (the chemicals in vaccines that enhance your immune response to whatever you’re getting immunized against).
- nuts & seeds
Those who are typically quite healthy can tolerate less-optimal foods than those who aren’t. This is why putting a greater emphasis on the most nutrient-dense foods in our food supply is so important to those with auto immune conditions.
The goal of The Elimination Train is to flood the body with nutrients while avoiding any food that might be contributing to disease, which is why it so strict. It is an elimination diet strategy, cutting out the foods that are most likely to be holding back our body’s ability to heal.
The Elimination Train focuses on four key areas known to be important contributors to chronic and autoimmune diseases:
- Nutrient density. The immune system needs a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and amino acids to function normally. Focusing on consuming the most nutrient-dense foods available enables a surplus of micronutrients to correct both deficiencies and imbalances which supports the regulation of the immune system, hormone systems, detoxification systems, and neurotransmitter production.
- Gut health. Leaky gut is one of the key factors in the development of autoimmune diseases. Which is why foods that irritate or damage the lining of the gut are avoided, while foods that help restore gut barrier function and promote healing are endorsed.
- Hormone regulation. What we eat, when we eat, and how much we eat affect a variety of hormones that interact with the immune system. Hormones which impact the immune system are also profoundly affected by how much sleep we get, how much time we spend outside, how much and what kinds of activity we get, and how well we reduce and manage stress.
- Immune system regulation. Immune regulation is achieved by restoring a healthy diversity and healthy amounts of gut microorganisms, restoring the barrier function of the gut, providing sufficient amounts of the micronutrients required for the immune system to function normally, and regulating the key hormones that in turn regulate the immune system.
Inflammation is a major factor in all chronic illnesses, in some cases, an immune system that isn’t regulating itself properly directly causes the illness; in others, inflammation is merely an element of the illness or a contributor to how the illness came about—but it is always a player and a problem.
Inflammation is strongly influenced by what we eat, how well we sleep, how stressed we are, and how active we are, which is why chronic illness respond so well to changes in diet and lifestyle.
Food is therapy for every chronic illness but that doesn’t mean that food is a cure. Depending on the illness you’re struggling with, how long you’ve had it, how aggressive the disease is, and what confounding factors you’re dealing with, dietary changes may get you as far as a complete reversal of your disease, or they may slow the progress of your illness, or they may simply improve your quality of life.
Good food may not be the miracle cure you’re hoping for, but it’s pretty powerful all the same.
During The Elimination Train you will receive:
- Weekly meal plans & recipes
- Advice, tips and tricks for making it through the three months
- Access to a support network
- Workout routines specifically designed for people with chronic pain, low energy and other ailments associated with auto immune conditions
- Stress reduction techniques and tools
- Sleep advice
- Guided meditations
- Food diary pages
- A reintroduction guide
- and so much more
During the three months you will learn to:
- Build your own eating plan moving forward which will optimize your nutrition and your health
- Identify foods that are inflammatory triggers
- Support weight loss, healthy sleep, mental clarity, beautiful skin, optimal energy and vitality
- Optimize energy levels, immune balance, digestive function, skin health, and occasional aches and pains